KOSH OATS: GULAB JAMUN
INGREDIENTS FOR GULAB JAMUN BALLS
- ½ cup (50g) paneer, grated
- 1 and 1/8th cup (200 gms) grated yellow mawa
- 1/3rdcup (30gms) maida
- A little more than 1/5th cup (20gms) KOSH oats atta
- 1 pinch baking soda
- Pinch saffron strands, slivered almonds, pistachio and varak to garnish
INGREDIENTS FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- 4 and ½ cups (750 ml) cup water
- 4 cups (700 gms) sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Firstly make sugar syrup-
- To do this boil sugar and water till sugar dissolves completely.
- Then add 2-3 tbsp milk to the sugar mixture.
- This will cause all the impurities in the mixture to float on the top.
- Remove the impurities with a slotted spoon.
- Now boil the chasni for another 10 minutes on medium flame. If it’s sticky between the fingers then it’s done.
- Take paneer in a plate and mash well till smooth and has no cracks.
- Now mash Khoya and keep aside.
- Finally mix khoya, paneer, maida, oats atta, elaichi powder and baking powder and make a smooth dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and make sure that none of them have cracks as that may cause them to crack in the oil. Now deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Take the balls out on a plate and cool a bit.
- Place them in lukewarm sugar syrup and soak the gulab jamuns for 30 min. By this time gulab jamuns will become soft and big due to syrup absorption.
- Garnish with slivered almonds, pistachio, varak and saffron strands.